After dropping JA off at school this morning, LK and I were driving (see why the blog got its name?) to get a latte. Yes, yes, I know I had given coffee up for many months. But, when you have Starbucks gift cards in your wallet (thanks to the sweet SCP kiddos) and the temperature is 25 degrees outside, I am pretty sure a latte run is mandatory. I mean 25 in Texas is like a sub-zero temp anywhere else. That's why I live in Texas, my South American-raised bones don't do chilly.
Anyway, en route to coffee, LK yells from the backseat: "Mama, no one can steal Jesus' crown!" I said, "that's right sweet girl." "Yeah," she said, "He's the Father of heaven." I agreed and told her He is the father of everything. "Jesus is always with us, Mama. He's the ONLY God and the King of everything, and that's why no one can steal His crown!" she declared. LOVE IT!
I have to tell you, the certainty with which she spoke God's truth warmed me from the inside out. Don't you love child-like faith? I have to say, I don't really see her faith as child-like. Sure, she doesn't fully understand the implications of following Christ, but she completely places her 3 year old confidence and trust in Him ... something adults struggle with, I struggle with, on a daily basis.
Thankful for the reminder that God is in control, and with all the insignificant stuff I've got to get done today, I needed to get some eternal perspective. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I got a tall, non-fat, white chocolate mocha, no whip - yummy. Not as yummy as her sweet words, but yumola none-the-less!
I love it when God uses our babies to confirm his awesomeness! (If that is a word! It is such a blessing to a mommy's heart to hear sweet heavenly praises and declarations from our kids. That is exactly the way our Lord feels when we speak and declare His truth! You are doing a great job with your girls what awesome seeds you have planted for them to be speaking like that! God is GOOD!
ReplyDeleteThanks, girl! You are exactly right ... God is so good!
ReplyDelete